Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running Damn Small Linux in VirtualBox. I have Thunderbird downloaded (thunderbird-2.0.0.6.tar.gz) into my home/dsl folder. I have it unpacked and it ended up in /home/dsl/thunderbird directory. When I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

./configure error when installing Thunderbird in DSL...

I am running Damn Small Linux in VirtualBox.

I have Thunderbird downloaded (thunderbird-2.0.0.6.tar.gz) into my home/dsl folder. I have it unpacked and it ended up in /home/dsl/thunderbird directory.

When I run ./configure I get "command not found" but every tutorial I can find says to use this command after unpacking the tarball into its own directory. What am I doing wrong to install Thunderbird?

Thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    You have to cd to the directory where you unpacked it to run the command.

Here's a howto that goes through the installation process:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...tml#post344054

Doesn't DSL have an option to install with apt-get? If so, that would probably be easier.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    You have to cd to the directory where you unpacked it to run the command.

Here's a howto that goes through the installation process:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...tml#post344054

Doesn't DSL have an option to install with apt-get? If so, that would probably be easier.
    I did CD to /home/dsl/thunderbird. I do "ls" and I can see all the files for Thunderbird, but the ./configure still says "command not found".

ALSO - I have tried apt-get install thunderbird and apt-get install mozilla-thunderbird and neither one works.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Why not just go to the mydsl repository and download the .uni file for it? I'm not sure why it's saying "command not found," but it's probably going to spit out dependancy errors at you anyways. XD;;

PS: If you are still wanting to compile it from source, type in ./configure and everthing and post the output here. Also, you'll more than likely need to install gcc and a few other compilers befor it will work.