Find the answer to your Linux question:
Don't know what I did. It did not shut down properly, now it won't load. Just jams up midway. Any suggestions other than re-installing it? Fiberflinger...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

kernal panic on PCLinux

Don't know what I did. It did not shut down properly, now it won't load. Just jams up midway. Any suggestions other than re-installing it?

Fiberflinger

Just Joined!

try repair feature

Most linux distros come with a repair feature on the install cd. If it's not obvious what the options are when you boot up with the cd, pressing F1 usually brings up a list of options.

Just Joined!
    Press esc while grub is loading to access the grub boot menu. Most OS's include a rescue kernel of some kind to boot from when things like this happen. Simply use the arrow keys to choose the rescue kernel and press enter. It might load up, if not, post the error that comes up on screen while it's booting.

Cheers

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Banned
    I re-installed the whole dang thing. Now I am having trouble with the firefox web browsers accessing certain sites, like ebay. spent 5 hours yesterday trying to get sign-in to sign-in. Don't tell me cookies. Cookies are there, its's just not loading. I go to konquer and ID myself as IE and whoa, I get in. Is there a plot? or am I just paranoid. And this is not just PCLinux, same with Knoppix.

fiberflinger