Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello all! It's apparent that my computer is either going into sleep mode or my monitor is just going into sleep mode. I'm in the middle of trying to install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux from scratch and sleep mode....

hello all! It's apparent that my computer is either going into sleep mode or my monitor is just going into sleep mode. I'm in the middle of trying to install my very first Linux From Scratch distro and it's becoming very frustrating due to the fact my monitor will not turn on. The only way I will get this to work is if I keep restarting my pc which defeats the purposes of trying to install Linux From Scratch. I'm using the Linux from scratch livecd so Linux is not yet on my hard drive. I'm only getting this issue with the computer I'm trying to install LFS on. All the other computers wake up normally and I can continue the install process. What in the world is causing this issue? Help is greatly appreciated

-Thanks,
    Rich

oz
    forum.guy
    The only thing I can think of is to check your BIOS settings to make sure some setting is not putting the monitor to sleep.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    The only thing I can think of is to check your BIOS settings to make sure some setting is not putting the monitor to sleep.
    Hello, Thank you for responding back in a timely fashion. You know, one would think it's a bios issue, but I looked up and down through my bios settings and have not found any settings for sleep mode or anything along that matter. I'm stumped or maybe I have overlooked something?

Any one else?

-Thanks,
    Rich

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close