Find the answer to your Linux question:
At the moment i am running Mandriva 2008 and Ubuntu, Gutsy Gibbon on two seperate computers but i would really like to try out both Freespire and Linspire. Trouble is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Freespire/Linspire

At the moment i am running Mandriva 2008 and Ubuntu, Gutsy Gibbon on two seperate computers but i would really like to try out both Freespire and Linspire. Trouble is i ordered both Freespire and Linspire disks online and when i tried to run them, as soon as the splash screen and progess bar appeared a load of code then filled the screen and that was it! Could the reason for this to happen is because they are x86 32bit and my computers are both 64bit? Would welcome any help and advice. Cheers

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddraig_oed View Post
    At the moment i am running Mandriva 2008 and Ubuntu, Gutsy Gibbon on two seperate computers but i would really like to try out both Freespire and Linspire. Trouble is i ordered both Freespire and Linspire disks online and when i tried to run them, as soon as the splash screen and progess bar appeared a load of code then filled the screen and that was it! Could the reason for this to happen is because they are x86 32bit and my computers are both 64bit?
    Both Linspire 6.0 and Freespire 2.0 are 32-bit OS's but function fine in a 64-bit architecture. Pls. visit the Forums for additional assistance (would be helpful to have the last error message that occurred during the boot)...

Just Joined!
    Have since tried the Freespire disk in my other computer and this time the splash screen appeared together with the progress bar which filled one third of it's length before coming to a full stop?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddraig_oed View Post
    Have since tried the Freespire disk in my other computer and this time the splash screen appeared together with the progress bar which filled one third of it's length before coming to a full stop?
    Press the Esc key to view any error messages, and again recommend visiting the Forums for further assistance...