Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do you do that? as I have GOT to try this out, oh and "Damn Small" is an under statement...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Install Damn Small Linux on to a CD-R

How do you do that? as I have GOT to try this out, oh and "Damn Small" is an under statement

You just need to burn the iso image to a CD, no installation is needed. I did this recently and used the dsl-3.4.2-initrd.iso image

Linux Newbie
    yeah but thats to burn the installer not install the OS onto the disk

I am not sure if this can be done, but the only way I see possible would be to once you are on the livecd running from ram(if you don't have to 2 optical drives) then install to a cd-rw and leave the session open.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

The iso isn't just an installer, it is a usable system, once you install to your hard disk, you end up with the same features as the liveCD, and as far as I know it boots by using the same read only image and copying files from the backup to implement your settings

If you can't get a live versin why don't you run it in VirtualBox or Qemu? Could be fun and for a light distro like DSL it should run extra fast.

Just Joined!
    Just download the dsl.iso current I think is dsl4.0.iso and burn to a cd-r if you have not burned an iso before then you need to choose the burniso option rather than data as that will just backup the iso for later use..once the iso is burned to the cd you have a live cd that can run from cd/ram/frugal install/hdd install/or thumb drive install.....just set the bios to boot from cd...
    the archive has older versions if you need them and the repository has lots of extensions like gimp, open office, mplayer,abi..xine, audacity,xmms,gqview....I got it to rip and burn cd and dvd but currently am looking to get composite out working or a dual monitor setup.if you figure that out post it up..have fun..great little distro if you can not boot from cd or usb download the boot floppy required..handy for the older units