Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I just saw aLinux website aLinux Linux OS - Beautifying The Linux Desktop - 2007 as well as read about it at some site I think Tuxmachines and it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post aLinux: Has anyone used it?

Hi,

I just saw aLinux website aLinux Linux OS - Beautifying The Linux Desktop - 2007 as well as read about it at some site I think Tuxmachines and it is my understanding that it is a good Linux distro. If someone has used the distro please inform me about it. Also I have seen free download option as well as paid download options on the aLinux website. Please inform me what is the difference between the paid download version and the free download version. People who have used the distro must be knowing that. If there is no difference I wish to download that distro. Please inform. Thanks and best regards.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaahahaaaa.. Oh *ahem* sorry. I did try aLinux once, a while ago. Long story short, it was the worst Linux distribution I've tried in recent history. They may have improved since then, but I've had no interest in revisiting it.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I tried it years back when it was still called Peanut Linux. It was like a stripped down version of Red Hat. I quite liked it at that time, but development seems to have slowed down a lot lately.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Smile

So it seems the latest version should be stable and good. If so could you tell me what is the difference between the paid download version and the free download version? Please inform. Thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Martial-law View Post
    So it seems the latest version should be stable and good. If so could you tell me what is the difference between the paid download version and the free download version? Please inform. Thanks
    Welcome to the forums!

Just judging from all the comments that I've read across the internet, it's one of the worst distributions available. You should probably email the aLinux folks directly about the differences in paid and free versions, because I doubt that many (if any) people here know the differences. If they have a decent website, it should explain the differences there, as well.
    oz