Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a home network that got damaged by lightening. I have a HP M2020 Media vault that is Linuxed base. I have two drives in it, one for storage ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Recovering from Lightening strike!! HELP

I have a home network that got damaged by lightening. I have a HP M2020 Media vault that is Linuxed base. I have two drives in it, one for storage and the other used for backup. I have a new computer that is Vista and a very cool cable I can attach a hard drive to a USB port.

The question is how do I read a hard drive that was created in a Linux box using windows USB ports?? or If I get another media vault can I attach the hard drive to its USB port and read it there??

Quote Originally Posted by kookyface View Post
    The question is how do I read a hard drive that was created in a Linux box using windows USB ports??
    It seems this is a Vista help , but anyway, what is the filesystem of it , you can search some programs on the internet will allow windows to see Linux filesystems , but i don't know in fact any of those .(you don't have to care about USB ports ) , you just have to have the ext3 or the reiserfs or whatever support in Vilista .
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.