Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to scan my laptop modem using USP port.I downloaded "scanModem" on my flash drive, but I don't know how to copy the file onto my account with "mcopy ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Laptop modem identification on PC linux OS

I want to scan my laptop modem using USP port.I downloaded "scanModem" on my flash drive, but I don't know how to copy the file onto my account with "mcopy a:scanModem.gz . " And also, I don't know where to go to use the following commands to complete the scanning process:
    "gunzip scanModem.gz
    chmod +x scanModem
    ./scanModem"
    Please Help me.

Quote Originally Posted by tramaeva View Post
    I want to scan my laptop modem using USP port.I downloaded "scanModem" on my flash drive, but I don't know how to copy the file onto my account with "mcopy a:scanModem.gz . " And also, I don't know where to go to use the following commands to complete the scanning process:
    "gunzip scanModem.gz
    chmod +x scanModem
    ./scanModem"
    Please Help me.
    Welcome to the forums ...

You need to open a terminal to run the commands ... try the following link LinuxCommand.org: Learn the Linux command line. Write shell scripts. for some info. You should have some sort of graphical file manager which will allow you to transfer files from the usb flash drive to your home area, this will probably also allow you to extract the files from the archive etc. But you will need to use a terminal for running scanModem (you will need to type ./scanModem).

I don't use the same distro so sorry I can't really offer any more specific help.

Just Joined!

Smile PC Linux dial-up connection?

I was told to identify my laptop modem in order to find the right driver. I downloaded "ScanModem" on to my flash drive and then saved it on my desktop. When I run the commands, including "gunzip scanModem.gz", I read "ScanModem not found". Earlier, I was told to copy "scanModem" file onto my linux account with "mcopy a:scanModem.gz." Unfortunately, I don't know how to correctly copy the file onto my account. Do you have an idea?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by tramaeva View Post
    I was told to identify my laptop modem in order to find the right driver. I downloaded "ScanModem" on to my flash drive and then saved it on my desktop. When I run the commands, including "gunzip scanModem.gz", I read "ScanModem not found". Earlier, I was told to copy "scanModem" file onto my linux account with "mcopy a:scanModem.gz." Unfortunately, I don't know how to correctly copy the file onto my account. Do you have an idea?
    See my original reply ... there should be a graphical user interface for file management such as konqueror or something similar. You can use that to copy the file to your home area. The only thing you really need to use the terminal for is running scanModem once you have extracted it.