Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Congrats on getting the printing to work, I have an All-in-one 5510 Officejet that I was gifted. As far as I know, hpoj is old and unsupported now. You might ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Congrats on getting the printing to work, I have an All-in-one 5510 Officejet that I was gifted. As far as I know, hpoj is old and unsupported now. You might want to take a look at HPLIP instead, which is created by HP.
    HPLIP or you can install it using your system package manager. I haven't gotten my Wireless printing to work yet since I have the printer hooked up to my Linux box, but I'm sure you will figure it out if you keep working at it.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the comeback. I had it working (wired), and as i contiued working at it to get the wireless printing going, I lost the wire (laughing) I'll get it back, somehow. This is an old toshiba lappy I have MEPIS 6.5 on. It picked up the wireless network almost automaticly. Very cool. I had HPLIP, but could get nothing from it..I installed HPOJ and then bingo...it all came together. I was advised to do /etc/init.d/hpoj setup and it all worked from there.

Just Joined!
    got my wired printer back....LAUGHING...I don't know how!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    hi Lordshooter....I tried the hplip with no result, Ithen installed hopj, did /etc/init.d/hopj setup...went through a whole bunch of question and answers..then went to the hplip toolbox, and it all came together...I dont remember the details, but I can now print with a cable, ..no wirless ..sigh..but I can at last print. I think I am becoming a OS slut. I mostly use Debain, have XP for a few things, now MEPIS on and old lappy. As soon as I can afford a video card for another old computer I will try to load it with at least 6 other distros.....keeps my old brain from solidifying....between my bicyclig LOL....thanks for your comeback and your suggestions..it helped a great deal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2