Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I have installed Freespire and it looks great and very easy to use. I wish to change the appearance of the OS in terms of its name i.e. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Customizing Freespire appearance? Help Please!

Hi everyone,

I have installed Freespire and it looks great and very easy to use. I wish to change the appearance of the OS in terms of its name i.e. I wish to write Linux where ever Freespire is written in order to show my friends how great a Linux OS is. First comes the booting screen, thereafter loading screen and then "Welcome to Freespire" and the desktop wallpaper with Linux instead of Freespire. Also on the sidebar over the Launch button. Please guide me how to do all that. Awaiting your reply.

Linux User
    Yor problem is one of a kind. What you are trying to do will stop your friends from knowing that Linux is software libre. Just tell them it is an open source OS and Freespire is a distribution of that. However, common sense is not common in everybody and they might not know what open source is. But this is how I begin when distributing Ubuntu CDs among my friends.
    "When you have nothing to say, say nothing."