Find the answer to your Linux question:
Has anyone used this before? I am trying to install and when everything is done it asks for a login and password. I have no clue what this is. Can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Blackroute?

Has anyone used this before? I am trying to install and when everything is done it asks for a login and password. I have no clue what this is. Can anyone help?

Where is it asking you for this? At a command prompt? Or in a "GUI" type sign in manager? During the install, it should have given you the opportunity to create a root password. It might have even asked you to create a user name and password. If you're just getting a black screen, type in:
    Code:
    root
    and press enter. Then type in the root password that you hopefully created, then press enter again. Then type:
    Code:
    gdm
    ...and press enter.
    If you don't get gdm, then, after disconnecting your machine from the Internet, type in:
    Code:
    startx
    If you get your root desktop this way, look for a utility that allows you to create a regular user to sign in with instead of root.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    No. It goes through the install and says its successful and then says login then whatever you type it says password then gives me an invalid. Nowhere during the instalation has it ever propted for me to create a user or password. It isnt even in the desktop, I never get there. Just stays at the C promt

Quote Originally Posted by jdog111578 View Post
    No. It goes through the install and says its successful and then says login then whatever you type it says password then gives me an invalid. Nowhere during the instalation has it ever propted for me to create a user or password. It isnt even in the desktop, I never get there. Just stays at the C promt
    I was looking over their website earlier today, and there is very little if any documentation. They should have directions somewhere on their site for your question. Is there a '#' there or a '$?" If a '#," did you try typing in startx without trying to sign in as root? If there is a '#' there, maybe it just boots you right into root.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    im having the same problem. has anyone been able to get around this?

-b

Lightbulb BlackRoute login Solution

The solution is simple
    login is root
    password is n/a
    It doesnt come with a password set
    after that you should be able to type startx or gdm
    when I boot blackroute & it gets done all the intialization stuff it looks like this
    blackroute login: "here I type root"
    #root@blackroute: "here is where I type startx"
    bam I am loaded into a gui although you could work straight from command line as root
    This distro's home page says it's aimed more towards those who have expert knowledge of linux or something to that effect.
    A better alternative to Blackroute if you aren't familiar with linux yet is BackTrack3.