Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Terminator C3 computer with a 256mb usb flash drive that it can boot from. I need a distro that I can install to the flash drive and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Looking for distro to Install to flash with some requirements

I have a Terminator C3 computer with a 256mb usb flash drive that it can boot from.

I need a distro that I can install to the flash drive and run some form of X windows for xmms and vnc viewer, samba server & client, rsync, ssh server & client, and maybe a print server.

I thought DSL would work, but I can't find a way to install to the flash drive and set up all of the software and settings and keep them.

This is for a friend and is going to act more like a music server than anything. It will need to be able to turn on and go without any human intervention.

Also, I seam to have issues booting this same machine w/ a hard drive with the 2.6 kernel, so I used slackware 11 w/ the 2.4 kernel for other uses using this same model.

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    Try this PcLinuxOS
    Cheers
    Robin

Just Joined!
    Sigh, I need a little more detail than that.

I don't want a LIVE cd on USB, becuase settings would still have to be loaded manually. I want an INSTALL to USB distro, anyone?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    which version of DSL are you using?

I downloaded it last night and am successfully using it now on my other machine - seemed pretty hassel free to me albeit I'm using a far larger pen drive.

Otherwise would slackware-live work? I heard you could customise settings files by keeping them on a floppy/flash drive whilst following a CD boot.

PcLinuxOS Supports to save the homefolder in a file.
    also called persistent home..
    PCLinuxOS Setting up a persistent home | USB Pen Drive Linux

Hope that helps.
    Robin
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

Linux User
    Try Mandriva or Knoppix