Find the answer to your Linux question:
I had to reinstall MEPIS 3.4.3 b/c everything after that doesn't work with my hardware... after doing the updates via synaptic (it was ALOT, I mean over 100 packages that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Xorg/Xconfig problem???

I had to reinstall MEPIS 3.4.3 b/c everything after that doesn't work with my hardware... after doing the updates via synaptic (it was ALOT, I mean over 100 packages that needed to be removed, installed or upgraded) I can't login at all... I just have a black screen with a cursor blinking in the upper left corner... I tried to reinstall the Xconfig from the liveCD but had no success... any suggestions??

I'm not a Mepis user. I use Fedora. But my guess is that your xorg.conf file was overwritten by the update or your graphic drivers aren't compatible with the new kernel that may have been installed. You can edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf (after you back it up) to change your graphic driver to "vesa" and try starting X with the 'startx' command. Just my 2 cents.
    Glenn