Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed SoL linux and I am having some problems getting X started. I kinda ran into the same problem in ubuntu and i was told to use this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SoL Linux

I just installed SoL linux and I am having some problems getting X started. I kinda ran into the same problem in ubuntu and i was told to use this command to reconfigure Xserver but I cant remember it. When ever I type startX I get this:

xauth: creating new authority file /root/serverauth.2564

fatal server error:
    Server is already active for display 0
    If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock and start again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------If i try to use sh Xsetup.sh I get the same error as above plus this:

ln: creating symbolic link '/root/.xsession': File exists
    can't find patch file to patch at input line 3
    Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    ----------------------------
    |*** xorg.conf.new 2007-06-11 12:37:17
    |*** /ect/X11/xorg.conf 2007-06-11 12:32:11
    ----------------------------
    File to patch: /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    patching file /etc.X11/xorg.conf
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to fine /etc/X11/xorg.conf.rej
    sed: can't read xorg.conf.new: No such file or directory

I have never used this distribution before and I just installed it. Could it be a problem with my video adapter? do I have to edit xorg.conf (i hope not cuz I suck at vim)? or could it be a driver issue? If I someone could point me in the right direction I can figure out the rest. If you need any more info dont hesitate to ask. Thank you.

Just Joined!
    You know what? I feel like such an noob... i was using the wrong command. for future reference you use ./Xsetup.sh to configure Xserver... Btw I like the enlightenment desktop manager.

Just Joined!

USB VPN Server

I have tried using SoL for my VPN server project and it seems to work out just fine but it cant really do the things I would like it to do by default. I kinda felt like I was playing with slackware all over again. I am looking for a minimalist distribution or a mainstream distribution that can be scaled down to boot off of a 1 gig flash drive and can be used as a portable mini VPN server. Any suggestions on some distributions to try?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close