Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Originally Posted by rekonsyle i just grabbed one of these today for $25 packaged with ben10 and two booster packs (ben10 and xmen). they had a couple more of them ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rekonsyle View Post
    i just grabbed one of these today for $25 packaged with ben10 and two booster packs (ben10 and xmen). they had a couple more of them but that sounds like its a bit higher priced than you guys are gettin the core systems for.
    i live up in northern BC (canada) as well so its probably not useful to you guys. they had about 10 of these guys left at the store and i might be able to work something out if anyone really needs one. (rekonsyle@hotmail.com)

i am interested in future development on this platform (i kinda assumed it was a flopped system being i never heard of it and i saw them being cleared out at this liquidation store i grabbed mine from)
    ive read through the 10 pages of posts here but i have no real experience in programming so im lost in the tech jargon. i know enough about running computers tho, im far from compy illiterate.

my question is, where are we going with this? are you guys trying to develop a linux port for the HS system? with the cd capabilities and usb port it seems to leave the system open for big possibilities if anyone can figure out how to code for it. i would like to see is NES emulation or independant game development
    i dont know how often you are frequenting the IRC channels right now so ill skip past that for the moment, but where is this project sitting? have you guys made any real progress?

sorry if i come off sounding stupid, id just like to see where this is headed

me,i am looking for linux and home brew,rekonsyle tho and others like him are smucks
    they say a gfx ver of linux isin't posable,i keep mentioning DAMN SMALL LINUX,it runs on my ipaq 1955rx,my ipaq 3630,my jornanda 680,my INTERNET Appliance Witch Is a Compaq ia-1,XBOX and so on,to say that a gfx ver of linux isin't gonna happen is a total waste of time reading these post,**** ubunto and red hat and all those BLOTATED vers Of linux ,Aim Towards DSL and we may stand a chance for linux,as far as Homebrew,Emulation of older systems would rock the monkeys nuts..i and others beleave the hs is running a weak ver of win ce,intresting enuff notes of emulation on win ce
    MOST emulators need just a 32mhz cpu and 16 megs ram<nes,genesis,sega master sys,gamegear,snes hell most consoles below psx.
    ppcasm i would like to talk with you more,u seem way more open minded and lision to the ideals from people who have no ideal about programing,but my point stays the same,he lisions and explanes what he says in "laymens" terms so u can understand and has no problems doing so.
    again i will just say if nothing else GIVE ME DOS Yeah DOS Damnit D.O.S
    to run dos games/apps

Just Joined!

nice

Quote Originally Posted by hatespawn View Post
    me,i am looking for linux and home brew,rekonsyle tho and others like him are smucks
    they say a gfx ver of linux isin't posable,i keep mentioning DAMN SMALL LINUX,it runs on my ipaq 1955rx,my ipaq 3630,my jornanda 680,my INTERNET Appliance Witch Is a Compaq ia-1,XBOX and so on,to say that a gfx ver of linux isin't gonna happen is a total waste of time reading these post,**** ubunto and red hat and all those BLOTATED vers Of linux ,Aim Towards DSL and we may stand a chance for linux,as far as Homebrew,Emulation of older systems would rock the monkeys nuts..i and others beleave the hs is running a weak ver of win ce,intresting enuff notes of emulation on win ce
    MOST emulators need just a 32mhz cpu and 16 megs ram<nes,genesis,sega master sys,gamegear,snes hell most consoles below psx.
    ppcasm i would like to talk with you more,u seem way more open minded and lision to the ideals from people who have no ideal about programing,but my point stays the same,he lisions and explanes what he says in "laymens" terms so u can understand and has no problems doing so.
    again i will just say if nothing else GIVE ME DOS Yeah DOS Damnit D.O.S
    to run dos games/apps
    Thanks for the nice words, Il ltry to explain without going into too much detail. Its not the speed bottleneck that stops "dsl" from running per say, but the lack of a MMU(memory management unit) Memory management unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simply put, alot of things in the regular "mmu supported" linux kernels rely on this specific peice of hardware(the systems you noted above as far as i looked at indeed have a mmu, as do most windows mobile phones), the linux kernel relys on them for a number of things such as virtual memory , memory mapping , etc, etc. uclinux is a special port of linux(one of many) that run on systems without an mmu(such as ipod and such) the linux that runs on ipod is the type of thing you would likely see on this system if linux got ported. Like i said, its not speed/resources per say, but lack of hardware that linux requires. Now, as for dos or whatnot, the only one i could likely percieve to be ported would be freedos or something, and even then im not sure as iv never actually looked at the sourcecode, but in terms of it actually running dos games aside from giving you a command line interface seems unlikely as that would require thorough x86 emulation along with emulated bios calls/interrupts. If you wouldnt mind a linux type that runs on ipod, sure, you could have linux all day. But if you looking for DSL, ubuntu, or any other mainstream version of linux that would normally run on x86 and such then your out of luck as far as that goes. Also, i thought at first i seen references to windows ce, but digging farther into the rabbit hole that really seems unlikely to me at this point as i believe all versions of windows ce require a mmu also(not to mention although it uses mainly mips mnemonics and there was one version of wince for mips(wince 1.0 i believe) it does not use its same machine language, it translates to sunplus's own instruction set which is 16/32 hybrid instructions, 16 bit instruction subset seems to be of their own making to including things mips did not have such as push/pop for stack operations, and pseudo instructions that cut out 2 bytes per instruction executed (get denoted with ! after the mnemonics in the posted disassembly, if youll notice the dump snippet i showed mnemonics with the ! denoted mnemonics only show 2 bytes in their machine code, 2bytes==16 bit) you also get the assembler generated "synthetic instructions" such as li, li isnt actually an instruction, only to the assembler, which actually translates it to ldis reg,16-bit immediate , then ori reg, 2nd half 16-bit immediate, to make a full 32 bit value due to the opcode only being able to use 16 bit immediates because of the other bits being used for instruction, register reference) just to name some similarities and differences , all these things make me almost certain that this thing isnt running windows ce, and its very likely that the OS that it is in fact running is monolithic and quite simple, like i said, hopefully soon ill get a system, i still have some things i do in fact need to look at and the first code is obviously going to be a modified commercial game to show that our instructions are in fact running, from there we can work together and do lots of fun things , and yes, id like to talk more, ill try stopping by the irc more, when i was goign in there nobody was showing up, id say 2 weeks more and ill def have at least one hyperscan

Just Joined!

hatespawn

Hatespawn, I need to talk to you whenever you get a chance, email is ppcasm@hotmail.com

Just Joined!

ill give a quick update

Sooooooooooooooooo, i got my hyperscan, and in the little bit of time iv managed to overcome alot, modified some ingame menu's which was trivial, iv gotten some code to run, but its nothing useful at the moment, just small branch execution changes and such, mapping out more hardware and functions( my main goal atm) and in the middle of all of this, i had burned over 10 cd-r's before realizing this was going to be a long haul, so i did what any normal person would to (READ: I GOT A POTENTIOMETER MOD WORKING FOR THE HYPERSCAN) . It wasnt really that hard, the pot if anyone wants to know is underneath the backside of the laser and looks like a stripped out cylinder, please dont kill me if it doesnt work for you, but all I did was turn it about 1mm or so and it started reading cd-rw's, so now my development efforts can move foward, iv also learned about their cd security(if you want to call it that) got full backups running, like i said, its not much longer guys, its a while before you start seeing something like programmer friendly development enviroments, but these are the beginnings, and they are here if anyone wants more info on anything then just drop by the #hyperscan , or #linuxforums channel on irc.freenode.net. I also have noticed that the rx and tx lines on the mainboard look to be lvttl, im ordering some maxim chips as of this weekend to probe that more, along with the nfd0-nfd3 ports which actually look to me as N-nand F-flash D-data ????, so im wondering if its either a sd card port, or in fact a nand flash programming interface or sorts, i also believe there is a pin header for hooking up lcd, and i kinda got a hunch that the jumper is in fact tied in with either the proposed sd card thing , or in fact maybe a jtag mode supported by the lvttl lines, who knows, ill try to keep everyone posted, and soon should have pictures/video of my findings and the loading of cd-rw's and all such things , have fun

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcasm View Post
    Sooooooooooooooooo, i got my hyperscan, and in the little bit of time iv managed to overcome alot, modified some ingame menu's which was trivial, iv gotten some code to run, but its nothing useful at the moment, just small branch execution changes and such, mapping out more hardware and functions( my main goal atm) and in the middle of all of this, i had burned over 10 cd-r's before realizing this was going to be a long haul, so i did what any normal person would to (READ: I GOT A POTENTIOMETER MOD WORKING FOR THE HYPERSCAN) . It wasnt really that hard, the pot if anyone wants to know is underneath the backside of the laser and looks like a stripped out cylinder, please dont kill me if it doesnt work for you, but all I did was turn it about 1mm or so and it started reading cd-rw's, so now my development efforts can move foward, iv also learned about their cd security(if you want to call it that) got full backups running, like i said, its not much longer guys, its a while before you start seeing something like programmer friendly development enviroments, but these are the beginnings, and they are here if anyone wants more info on anything then just drop by the #hyperscan , or #linuxforums channel on irc.freenode.net. I also have noticed that the rx and tx lines on the mainboard look to be lvttl, im ordering some maxim chips as of this weekend to probe that more, along with the nfd0-nfd3 ports which actually look to me as N-nand F-flash D-data ????, so im wondering if its either a sd card port, or in fact a nand flash programming interface or sorts, i also believe there is a pin header for hooking up lcd, and i kinda got a hunch that the jumper is in fact tied in with either the proposed sd card thing , or in fact maybe a jtag mode supported by the lvttl lines, who knows, ill try to keep everyone posted, and soon should have pictures/video of my findings and the loading of cd-rw's and all such things , have fun

Did you dissasemble one of the comercial games, then reassemble, and then try that on the system to see if the assembler works?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by wickeycolumbus2 View Post
    Did you dissasemble one of the comercial games, then reassemble, and then try that on the system to see if the assembler works?
    yes, also, i wrote a lba patcher and at the moment only was hand assembling small branch/jump instructions to redirect things to get tests going, but yes, i have disassembled code, no need to reassemble as im hand editing the machine language now with my patcher at lba offsets, textual changes show up(unless of course they are string copied/string lengthed, then they have to match length otherwise you just get screenwrites until you reach the end of string byte (0x00) stop by the irc I have some of the code in my dump documented, and from there is where im going to decide where im going to edit the thing to do "real code execution" and i have an idea of using the stack since right now everythings almost in unknown territory, i got alot of ideas floating around, but when "real" code gets executed it will be the first major step, my first major obsticle(now that i can test things on cd-rw) is to get a screen write and im hoping what iv mapped of the framebuffer is correct, if i can get a screenwrite things will get very very interesting from there

Just Joined!

also

Quote Originally Posted by wickeycolumbus2 View Post
    did you ever see where i posted the assembler/disassembler tools? if not i believe they are about 2 pages back on this forum, i made everything easy as possible and it also dumps them in the correct mode (little endian byte ordering) both assembler/disassembler and barebone c compiler work( i didnt include the c compiler in the tools as im still looking into what may be some problems)

Just Joined!
    also, wickeycolumbus2, if your interested in some programming information on the system that i believe to have gathered so far I would be happy to share, at least as much as iv seemed to gather, which im guessing chances of it being correct is likely maybe 70&#37; or so since only thing iv tested are branch and jump instructions, im hoping to use the stack as reference point to where the ip is pointing to get some kind of code loop going and execute my code off the stack(and im hoping to do this while all the hardware/modes and such is already init'd which is what me working on the disassembled dump and putting alot of my time in that is for

Just Joined!
    some code iv just started working on labeling and such (hoping its right at least so far) _start:
    e04: 979ac01c ldis gp, 0xa00e(-24562)
    e08: 8797b910 ori gp, 0xdc88

e0c: 951ac01c ldis r8, 0xa00e(-24562)
    e10: 8516bc28 ori r8, 0x9e14 ;bss_start

e14: 953ac020 ldis r9, 0xa010(-24560)
    e18: 8536e248 ori r9, 0xb124 ;bss_end

e1c: 85588000 ldi r10, 0x0(0) ;r10 = 0

<next>
    e20: 9d48800f sb r10, [r8]+, 1
    e24: 2893 cmp! r8, r9
    e26: 47fd ble! 0xe20<next>

e28: 98a48001 mfcr r5, cr4
    e2c: 80008000 nop
    e30: 84f88100 ldi r7, 0x80(12
    e34: b0c58100 andri r6, r5, 0x80
    e38: 2763 cmp! r7, r6
    e3a: 4511 bne! 0xe5c
    e3c: 80008000 nop
    e40: 94fac012 ldis r7, 0xa009(-24567)
    e44: 84f4a0a0 ori r7, 0x1050
    e48: e3e78000 cache 31, [r7, 0]
    e4c: 0000 nop!
    e4e: 0000 nop!
    e50: 80008000 nop
    e54: e3a78000 cache 29, [r7, 0]
    e58: 80008000 nop

e5c: 949ac012 ldis r4, 0xa009(-24567)
    e60: 8494a0c0 ori r4, 0x1060
    e64: e3648000 cache 27, [r4, 0]
    e68: 953a900e ldis r9, 0x8807(-30713)
    e6c: 853480c0 ori r9, 0x60
    e70: 85588008 ldi r10, 0x4(4)
    e74: 9d49800f sb r10, [r9]+, 1
    e78: 85588096 ldi r10, 0x4b(75)
    e7c: 9d49800f sb r10, [r9]+, 1
    e80: 85588080 ldi r10, 0x40(64)
    e84: 9d49800f sb r10, [r9]+, 1
    e88: 8558812a ldi r10, 0x95(149)
    e8c: 9d49800f sb r10, [r9]+, 1

//setup stack
    e90: 941ac1fe ldis r0, 0xa0ff(-24321)
    e94: 8417ffe0 ori r0, 0xfff0

e98: 881291d1 jl 0x911d0 //MAIN ????

Just Joined!

Life Spam..no emails

Quote Originally Posted by ppcasm View Post
    Hatespawn, I need to talk to you whenever you get a chance, email is ppcasm@hotmail.com
    ppcasm,
    my email
    hatespawn@gmail.com
    &
    mouseblood@gmail.com

seems to not be able to block SPAM
    i get 459 a day

u know a massive spam replyer?
    "remove me"

other than that use irc or hete for stuff n stuff
    NEW Release Comming

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast