Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have downloaded CRUX and wasted a CD by extracting the ISO and burning the files manually. I do not want to use another so anyone can please tell me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Install CRUX directly from ISO

I have downloaded CRUX and wasted a CD by extracting the ISO and burning the files manually. I do not want to use another so anyone can please tell me how to install CRUX directly from the ISO or its files on a USB?

oz
    forum.guy
    I think you'd need a boot CD or floppy in order to boot the extracted files, so you might wind up wasting another disk anyway. Here's a good HowTo for making sure you properly burn the ISO file to a blank disk as an image.

Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion, or steps to set it up on the USB drive.
    oz

Linux User
    I am not concerned about boot floppy because they are cheap and rewritable. But CDs are costly and 700 MB and burning just 246.5 MB is a mere waste. I can't figure out how to use the dd command to burn boot.img to floppy. Also tell me how to mount a floppy in Read/Write mode because non-write-protected disks are even read only in my syntax.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close