Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
ok idownloaded fudora core 8 and ran it in vmware but it wants me to pardon my hard drive somthing i will not do! what should I do....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ok idownloaded fudora core 8 and ran it in vmware but it wants me to pardon my hard drive somthing i will not do! what should I do.

Quote Originally Posted by tonywolfe121 View Post
    ok idownloaded fudora core 8 and ran it in vmware but it wants me to pardon my hard drive somthing i will not do! what should I do.
    If you're running it in VMWare, your harddrive will not be touched. VMWare creates a file on your drive that it uses as its virtual hard disk image. That is all that will be partitioned.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Guru
    How about reading the VMWare manual and getting an idea of how it works - that will save you and everyone else a great deal of time.

Just Joined!
    i think this proves im right

Quote Originally Posted by tonywolfe121 View Post
    i think this proves im right
    Proves you're right about what? VMWare doesn't allow guest operating systems to mess with your paritioning scheme. It creates a virtual harddrive image in a file that your guest OS manipulates like it's your real harddrive.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Guru
    Your screenshot just shows that you still haven't read the manual. When you create a virtual machine *guest* in VMWare, a virtual disk is created for the guest OS to use as a HDD. In the host OS, this virtual HDD is a big file. This virtual HDD has a .vmdk file extension. This *file* is what's being "partitioned" during the VM guest install.

Making statements like "I'm right" when you've never used the software or read the manual is counter-productive. If you know what you're doing and aren't going to take any advice, why are you posting questions on here?

PS: There *is* a way to have VMWare run off a physical disk, but it's an advanced setup that is *NOT* possible by default.

Just Joined!
    what am i suspost to do now im lost i type my ip adress and i gives me theese errors a lot of them i push next and it says
    and it goes from that first one to addz
    then i push next and

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2