Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm new at STLinux distribution, and after reading the documentation, I still have some doubts: Does STlinux run on desktop (PC) ? Do I get create a boot disk? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

STLinux Distribution

Hi,
    I'm new at STLinux distribution, and after reading the documentation, I still have some doubts:
    Does STlinux run on desktop (PC) ?
    Do I get create a boot disk? In another words, do I get install this distro in my PC using an ISO file?
    I already downloaded the ISO file and recorded in a CD-ROM, but when I tried starting my PC using this CD, nothing happened.

Can anyone help me?

Best regards

Siécola

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

That doesn't appear to be a standard desktop Linux OS. I'd take a look at the top 10 distributions here and then choose one of those to get started instead.

Also, have a look at the link in my signature for more good information on getting started with Linux.

Best of luck with your Linux experience.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thanks a lot Ozar
    I've studied this distro because I started working in embedded systems. And I have to learn how I could load the OS into processor, in my hardware (I use STx7100 processor - Reference: STLinux).
    So, I'm confused about this and I'll continue my researches in this reference.

Thanks again

Linux Newbie
    As you continue with st let us know if you find anything interesting, in comparison with "desktop linux distro's". Just browsing the docs. it looks interesting I esp like the use of gdb.

Just Joined!
    There are many different distros to choose from. Personally, I prefer Suse and Fedora Core, but that's just my preference. Here is a list of other distros that you could choose from:

Comparison of Linux distributions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm tinkering with Lunar Linux and Source Mage Linux on an older PC as we speak. It's interesting. Some of the not-so-widely-known distros are primitive, but in a cool way.