Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have this game that came with an older distribution of corel, and I have xandros 3.0. the game is not installing properly, it tries to run crossover which I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wrong distribution?

I have this game that came with an older distribution of corel, and I have xandros 3.0. the game is not installing properly, it tries to run crossover which I no longer have the free trial of, and then says that it cannot, I tried running the console instilation and it wont run, I tried following the directions in the book that came with it and they don't work, will something designed for one distribution not work on another? It is meant to run on Linux so it will not run on my windows box either

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by greifvogell View Post
    I have this game that came with an older distribution of corel, and I have xandros 3.0. the game is not installing properly, it tries to run crossover which I no longer have the free trial of, and then says that it cannot, I tried running the console instilation and it wont run, I tried following the directions in the book that came with it and they don't work, will something designed for one distribution not work on another? It is meant to run on Linux so it will not run on my windows box either
    Welcome to the forums!

If the game required required crossover, cedega, or wine before, it will most likely still require it now. Sometimes, old apps require certain versions of files to run properly. If you are running an old app on a newer version of Linux, the old required packages are probably not found on the system. You'll probably need to find an old version of Corel again, or upgrade to a newer application that will work with Xandros.

Best of luck with it.
    oz

Just Joined!
    I installed the corel and it worked fine with it, so I think that xandros was to new for it. Is there any way to transfer those files though? they are on two seperate boxes, but I can put the two hard drives on the same box if neccisary.