Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have recently booted with the Backtrack live cd and mounted it to my Hard-drive. It supposedly supports my bcm43xx Broadcomm mini-pci card (or so it says). My problem, is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Backtrack BCM43xx Error

I have recently booted with the Backtrack live cd and mounted it to my Hard-drive. It supposedly supports my bcm43xx Broadcomm mini-pci card (or so it says). My problem, is that it appears to work (my wlan led lights up when it's working properly) but I can't detect wireless. Whether im in monitor mode or not, I can't pickup signal. I know my wlan is not broken because it still Works with Fedora and Vista. In backtrack i get the error "scan is complete but no wireless networks detected".

If anybody knows whats wrong please help me. Or if you have any idea please, I need all the info I can get. If you're having the same problem please feel free to post as well.

Thanks

Just Joined!

Backtrack and BCM43xx Wirless Problems

Ok, I guess It supports my chipset and Backtrack configures it on boot. However, I can't detect any Wireless networks. Anybody have any suggestions? I've got Broadcom BCM43xx (rev 2) or the "4311" version.

Anything is appreciated.