Find the answer to your Linux question:
I read the faq and it had a test inside to help me determine which dist was right for me. I am a gamer and i was looking to try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hi all new here. Had an "Arklinux" question

I read the faq and it had a test inside to help me determine which dist was right for me. I am a gamer and i was looking to try out linux as a permanent windows replacement. I am tired of windows genuine advantage, (cant validate even though my copy is genuine), tired of having a resource hog for an OS, just tired of it all. So i am looking to make the switch. Anyway, the test directed me to "Arklinux", which supposedly had a perfect disc boot. Well it did not work for me, im afraid. I downloaded the 600 MB iso, then just put in a CD-RW and spent about 45 min writing it to the cd. (all i did was click and drag the iso file in, and then hit "copy these files to CD). Then, I went into the bios and set it up to boot from CD. It attempted to do this, but failed. It just said "cannot boot fom dic drive, please insert boot CD and hit enter". I tried this several times and I could not get it to work. I have spent about 4 hours reading up on how to do this, but i am afraid i am at a loss. Can someone please tell me what i did wrong?

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, justinsn95!

It won't work if you only copied the files to the CD. Check this HowTo for all the steps needed in properly burning the file to the CD as an image, then booting from the CD:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html

Let us know how it goes.
    oz

Just Joined!
    download a program called alcohol 120% its trial but windows will be gone soon anyway install it and goto the image buring wizard then try installing agian

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close