Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know how to change the resolution in Elive 1.6 Development. The resolution is so small you can't see a thing,I tried going into the configuration to change it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Elive 1.6 Development,How do U change Resolution...

Does anyone know how to change the resolution in Elive 1.6 Development. The resolution is so small you can't see a thing,I tried going into the configuration to change it but there is no option to change it to a different size,no resolution options are listed...

Is this just 'cause it's the development version or are they all like this & does anyone know how to change it.

Thanx

Elive is Debian based so this command should work :
    Code:
    su -
    dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    Reconfigure display settings and press Alt+Ctrl+Backspace or reboot machine.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    Elive is Debian based so this command should work :
    Code:
    su -
    dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    Reconfigure display settings and press Alt+Ctrl+Backspace or reboot machine.
    Thanx for your reply,didn't really know where I was supposed to type this command though

But anyways I figured out how to get a resolution that was at least readable. I have a ATI Radeon Graphics Card & apparently it doesn't like that so I chose the "VESA" driver option instead of ATI or Radeon, pretty simple in the end...

Thanx anyway for your reply!!

You had to execute that command in Terminal Or press Alt+Ctrl+F1 and it will switch to tty1. You can switch back to GUI by pressing Alt+Ctrl+F7.

vesa is a Generic driver and works fine with most of Graphics Card. Install ATI Proprietary driver for better display.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First