Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] centOS re-installation

I have already installed centOS latest version which is basically got corrupted i dont know how. but now I am tring to reinstall centOS but when I press ENTER after booting from my CD1 it shows some error messages on screen and unable to start installing centOS.

what can I do ??

please reply. I have already posted this problem one time but no body given me reply

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    West Yorks

You need to let us know the exact error message because it will help someone figure out the problem.

its a whole page would i copy it....
    i know the error screen lay out .....its showing some 00000000 words and i think some kernal errors...
    but is this possible to start installation on a PC who has already installed centOS ?????or what are the requirment to install centOS again if we already have centOS......

4. $spacer_open
    When you boot from the CD, at the kernel boot options, enter a new attribute: acpi=force. On RedHat systems, the kernel options part is often shown at the screen that first appears after you boot from CD.

my hardware
    PIII 500MHz
    512MB ram
    40GB Hard Disk

I am using CentOS 5.1 and as per your help i did but getting following error

<0> Kernel panic - not syncing: fatal exception

the below error when I boot from installation CD1 of CentOS 5.1 and press enter then screen shows the below error

<0> Kernel panic - not syncing: fatal exception

Chandigarh, India
    Type linux acpi=force.
    There are a few other options. Check out which works for you.
    linux ide=nodma
    linux acpi=off
    linux acpi=off apm=off
    linux nofb
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

thanks friends
    .....My PC was doing prob thts Y these prob was occuring.hv installed centOS on a new PC

thanks again