Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, i am completely new to linux,and somehow installed fedora 8 on my pc..i need to install some softwares that are compatible with windows..like "offfice communicator/windows messenger..or equivalent"... i have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy help frens

hi,
    i am completely new to linux,and somehow installed fedora 8 on my pc..i need to install some softwares that are compatible with windows..like "offfice communicator/windows messenger..or equivalent"...
    i have the exe files for them...but they duninstall...message pops up that "put fedora disc in.."
    i dun have the disc and the .exe files dun get executed as in windows..
    please resolve this issue...
    Last edited by devils casper; 05-14-2008 at 06:34 AM. Reason: email Id removed.

Hi and Welcome !

Linux doesn't support .exe files. You can run .exe files using Wine but it doesn't work with all exe files.
    I would suggest you install applications using Package Manager/Add Remove Programs only. Check the list of Windows Alternative pacakges in Linux.

Have you tried Pidgin or Kopete Messenger? It has a lot of messenger clients including MSN.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First