Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] CentOS 5: Panel doesn't appear

Hi,

Today while working when i tried to move some windows from one workspace to another the operating system showed an error message. The bug reporting tool appeared and told that something went wrong. :drown: After since the panel went all blank. All the icons disappeared and window tabs disappeared from the panel. Although everything else seems to work just fine. I can still access the open windows using ALT + TAB but the panel is not responding.:drown:

Can anyone help me in this regard? I am a beginner in linux, so if you have a solution please explain clearly.

Thanks
    Ehsan ul haq

Hi and Welcome !

Does Panel respond to right click? If yes, then click on Add to Panel and select/add Windows List.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

ooooooooook! I got it. Somehow everything was deleted from the panel. Now I added them again and it's working perfectly once again. Thanks buddy, thanks for saving me from reinstallation.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Glad to help you !
    Do start a new thread if you have any other question.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First