Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I need help making a program auto-boot on my Asus Eee Notebook PC. It's called Folding@Home, and it's in a folder called F@H under My Documents. How do I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Need help making a program auto-boot.

Hello,

I need help making a program auto-boot on my Asus Eee Notebook PC. It's called Folding@Home, and it's in a folder called F@H under My Documents. How do I make it automatically start every time the laptop boots or restarts?

Thanks in advance,
    Nathan

Just Joined!
    Just send me the EEE PC, and I will get it to work and tell you how! The sooner you send it, the sooner I can tell you how!

There are startup scripts that are run on boot for most distros of Linux. What distro are you running on the EEE? These are usually called rc scripts and there will be one that is for user programs that are run after most of the init scripts are done. You would put the call to the program in one of these user rc scripts. There should be documentation with your distro or on the internet for it. You can try to look at "/etc/rc.d" to see the different startup scripts and runlevels.

It is running Xandros.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close