Find the answer to your Linux question:
can anybody tell me how to setting up multiboot with two linux distro ? i know how them install to hard disk but i dont know how to setup that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to install two linux

can anybody tell me how to setting up multiboot with two linux distro ? i know how them install to hard disk but i dont know how to setup that grub to load two distros shift linux and centos

Linux Guru
    If you have one distribution installed with a bootable OS from Grub, you just need to install the second Linux distro to a different partition and modify your menu.lst (grub.conf in Fedora) file in the /boot/grub/ directory. In order to get the information you need to make this entry you will have to mount the 2nd distro so you can find the initrd and vmlinuz file names.

If you have a distribution installed and have partitions set up post the output of "fdisk -l" (Lower case letter L) to get more specific advice.

Just Joined!
    If you do it that way every time the second distro gets a kernel update you will need to edit the grub file again.If you use the " rootnoverify " you wont need to do that ,but will will see grub again when you boot the second distro.I have 3 versions of linux on 1 hd and vista on another here is what Fedora's( thats the grub that runs my linux drive)/boot/grub/grub.conf file looks like...

title Fedora (2.6.23.1-42.fc
    root (hd0,0)
    kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.23.1-42.fc8 ro root=LABEL=/12 rhgb quiet
    initrd /initrd-2.6.23.1-42.fc8.img
    title Vista
    rootnoverify (hd1,0)
    chainloader +1
    title Sabayon
    rootnoverify (hd0,4)
    chainloader +1
    title Ubuntu
    rootnoverify (hd0,5)
    chainloader +1

You just need to know where you put the other linuxs...

Just Joined!
    I forgot to tell you, when you install the second linux,put it's grub in the root Partition.