Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have two network interfaces. My integrated interface is usually recognized as eth 0 and my LynkSys card as eth1. The integrated one is disabled in the BIOS but does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    ekp
    Just Joined!

eth0 and eth1

I have two network interfaces. My integrated interface is usually recognized as eth 0 and my LynkSys card as eth1. The integrated one is disabled in the BIOS but does get detected when installing different distros. A lot of distros offer a way to configure the one I am using. Is there a command to do this in Yoper? If I remember correctly the installation falls down when choosing the networking option for a dynamic IP or DHCPD. I did install Yoper and have removed it because of the inability to get by this problem. At the time a forum did not exist to help. I believe there may have been a simular problem with my integrated SIS chipped sound or my Sound Blaster card. Basically all problems are hardware related and not know a command to configure and lacking a GUI to do same.

Just Joined!
    Sorry I can't help with your problem but...

You should really check out www.yoper.com for help.

The forums there are awesome. Usually you will get a pretty fast response.

Derek

Just Joined!

have you tried yoperconf,
    there are many functionality, and even to choose which card you want to use, and then manually or DHCP configure it. Then restart the network service. Make that choosen card as default. It will most problably help you out.
    ------------------

ekp
    Just Joined!

Re: .

Quote Originally Posted by ra21vi
    have you tried yoperconf,
    there are many functionality, and even to choose which card you want to use, and then manually or DHCP configure it. Then restart the network service. Make that choosen card as default. It will most problably help you out.
    ------------------
    Thanks I did go to Yoper and found the answer to my question

ifconfig eth1 up

dhcpcd eth

I also had to change the reference to eht0 to eth1 in /etc/rc.d/init/network