Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just started using DSL, and I have a few questions that I was hoping I could get some help with. 1. How do you make the display work? I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Getting started with DSL

I just started using DSL, and I have a few questions that I was hoping I could get some help with.

1. How do you make the display work? I can only get it to run smoothly at 640 x 480 resolution. When I bump it up to 800 x 600, it gets a sort of liquidy out of focus look.

2. Is there something similar to the "print screen" command in Windows on DSL? I'd like to post some screenshots on my blog.

3. This is quite embarassing, and I'm kind of hoping the only reason I can't access it is because something is missing from my screen (it's cut off at the edges for some reason)... but where exactly do I go to type in Command Line commands? I found something in the menu's called "Run Program" but I don't think that's the same as the Command Line.

Many thanks to anyone who can help with one or all of my questions.

-Keilan

For Terminal go to APPS Folder and double left click.After window opens double left click Aterm >Should be an icon with computer moniter.Black window should open up called Terminal.Terminal is where you enter command lines. In APT look for Screenshot software or google Screeshot software.Here is 1 link.
    Screenshot grabbing (Linux Reviews)
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

You should have Snapshot already installed. Try going to Apps folder again and double left click system. Second row up from bottom row in between PsTree and System Stats is Snapshot. Double click that when you want to open it and move the crosshair cursor on the item or screen you want to save.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help.