Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I didn't know where else to put this. I'm only a few weeks into my Operating Systems class, but already my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Puppy Linux

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I didn't know where else to put this. I'm only a few weeks into my Operating Systems class, but already my professor wants me to know the inner workings of a Linux distro. This is really my first class dealing with Linux this in-depth though, so I'm a bit in over my head. Forgive me if I sound like a n00b in this topic; it's only because I am a n00b. Razz But, I like Puppy Linux and its efficient minimalism a lot, so I thought I'd do my report on it. (Also, before you ask, big names like SuSE and Ubuntu were already forbidden by the professor.)

Problem is, I don't understand how much kernels and the like differ from distro to distro (if they differ at all). Also, there doesn't seem to be any documentation about how Puppy handles scheduling of processes, process management, memory management, etc... but I can find plenty of documentation about how Linux, in general, handles those sorts of things. So, are there differences? Also, is there any documentation on it to be found, anywhere? I am so confused