Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
how do i boot up from PartedMagic LiveCD???i wont be available anymore.we might talk tommorow....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how do i boot up from PartedMagic LiveCD???i wont be available anymore.we might talk tommorow.

Just Joined!
    sorry for the delay.i wasnt available and i wont be available today.but i will have time tomorrow.now,i am talking through my vista computer,since i lost my internet connection on the dsl computer.and how do i boot up from partedmagic???

Once you have burn image to CD, put the CD in the drive and restart the system. The system should boot from the CD into PartedMagic. If this does not work then
    1. check you have BIOS set to boot from CD before hard drive.
    2. check you have selected burn image to disk after you downloaded the .iso image.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    how do i burn image to disk? what should i have?an empty disk? i cant understand since its a bit complicated to me.just tell me what to klick.like to say:if you want to copy a file,klick on the the file you want to copy with right mouse button and then klick copy with the left mouse button.
    you understand? that kind of explanetion.please help.i will be very very very greatful.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by breakwallmovie View Post
    how do i burn image to disk? what should i have?an empty disk? i cant understand since its a bit complicated to me.just tell me what to klick.like to say:if you want to copy a file,klick on the the file you want to copy with right mouse button and then klick copy with the left mouse button.
    you understand? that kind of explanetion.please help.i will be very very very greatful.
    You can check this link for the particulars on that:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html
    oz

Just Joined!
    sorry,i didnt really understood the content.theres alot of terms there that i dont understand.i really want to uninstall dsl and work with xp.this is for today.i dont have anymore time.any other suggestions?

Hello, try to use DBAN Darik's Boot and Nuke (Hard Drive Disk Wipe)

Download the floppy disk installer, create a DBAN floppy disk copy and reboot your computer.

When a terminal prompt appear, enter "autonuke". This will delete all data on your computer automatically without question.

This might be more convenient for you if you feel that using PartedMagic is too advanced.

Just Joined!
    can i make the copy in my vista computer? i think its easier that way.but will it read the content when i put it into the dsl computer?

Just Joined!
    damn it.i have really bad news.i dont have a floppy slot!!!.can it get worse?!?!?!

Just Joined!
    i have 2 cd slots and i saw a disk in my second cd slot.and on the disk is written ''dsl'' and when i i took the cd and restarted the computer,
    it says:
    varifying dmi pool data...
    boot from cd:
    boot from cd:
    GRUB loading stage 1.5.

GRUB loading,please wait..
    Error 15

and the computer stops here and nothing is happening.
    am i on to something? help please.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast