Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
hi.i have a question.how do i uninstall damn small linux?i dont know nothing about this program since my brother installed it.now we have a new computer,working with vista and i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

uninstalling dsl

hi.i have a question.how do i uninstall damn small linux?i dont know nothing about this program since my brother installed it.now we have a new computer,working with vista and i need the old computer working with xp,but my brother cant help me because he works all day.i am 11 years old and i dont really understand the computer terms and computer-related words,so just tell me what to klick and type.i am a good listener and i will appreciate your help.

Linux Newbie
    simply delete dsl partition and format it to ntfs so it can be used by windows

Just Joined!
    how do i delete and format?

Boot up from PartedMagic LiveCD and delete all partitions. Create new partitions during Windows Installation. You can create partition through PartedMagic too. Its one of the best partition manager.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    i am sorry but i dont know the term partition and the link is giving me ''error''where is the partition manager?i know nothing about dsl.

Download pmagic-2.2.iso from here and burn it to CD.

Partitions are like drives in Windows OS. Look for Terminal/Konsole in Menu of DSL and open it. Type this in Terminal :
    Code:
    fdisk -l
    It will list all partitions ( Drives ).

Download pmagic.2.2.iso file, open your CD Burner Package ( Nero or any other ) and search for Burn Image to Disk. Click on that option and burn image to CD. Boot up machine from that CD. It will list all available partitions. Delete those partitions and install Windows XP.

I would strongly suggest you ask your brother before deleting partitions. All data will lost after deleting partitions and its almost impossible to recover it later on.

Just Joined!
    can you explain me step by step?i know i want too much,but i promise you i wont bother you again.so after i download pmagic,what should i do?i cant find any terminal.i found only one thing that looks like terminal and it called ''bash''and i wrote the command and it says:
    fdisk:invalid option -- 1
    busybox v1.2.2 (2006.12.07-15:23+0000) multi-call binary

usage:fdisk [-luv] [-c cylinders] [-h heads] [-s sectors] [-b ssz] disk

so if you have a little bit of time,spending with me,i will be greatful.we can talk trough my other computer trough skype and it will be much easier.please help.

can you explain me step by step?i know i want too much,but i promise you i wont bother you again
    You are most Welcome to ask here. We will be more than happy to help you. Don't worry and keep posting.

Its small L not 1 in fdisk -l command.

You have to burn PartedMagic .iso file to CD as I suggested in last post. Boot up from PartedMagic CD and follow instructions from here for deleting partitions.

Just Joined!
    Start by launching GParted from the Xfce Panel.where is xfce panel????wouldent be easier to talk trough skype?

Xfce panel will availble when you boot up from PartedMagic LiveCD.

I dont have Skype.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast