Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have Pendrive Linux installed and working on a flash drive on a Dell D-400 laptop. I wantd to install 'Krusader' and or 'Dolphin'. My problem is that I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Pendrrive Linux question

Hi, I have Pendrive Linux installed and working on a flash drive on a Dell D-400 laptop. I wantd to install 'Krusader' and or 'Dolphin'. My problem is that I can run the built in program installer, but after I locate the program I want to install 'Krusader', and as soon as I click on the Krusader install button, my installer program is closed and I end up back at the desk top. No install has taken place.

If I issue the root terminal command " apt-get install krusader" I get a terminal message "apt-get is not a valid command" or some such thing.

I assume that I need to install apt-get. Or, do I have some other issue that I am not seeing?

I am relatively new at this and learning as I go.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by sparty View Post
    Hi, I have Pendrive Linux installed and working on a flash drive on a Dell D-400 laptop. I wantd to install 'Krusader' and or 'Dolphin'. My problem is that I can run the built in program installer, but after I locate the program I want to install 'Krusader', and as soon as I click on the Krusader install button, my installer program is closed and I end up back at the desk top. No install has taken place.

If I issue the root terminal command " apt-get install krusader" I get a terminal message "apt-get is not a valid command" or some such thing.

I assume that I need to install apt-get. Or, do I have some other issue that I am not seeing?

I am relatively new at this and learning as I go.
    I solved this problem. I had to go into "software media manager" and toggle on the update feature. I had ASSUMED this was on by default. I consider this thread complete.