Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I'm working on a SunOS, but when I use vi or vim and push the :backspace: or :delete: button I alots of strange signs like ^? etc. I've ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Backspace / Delete etc

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a SunOS, but when I use vi or vim and push the :backspace: or :delete: button I alots of strange signs like ^? etc.

I've searched google, but I don't know where to find the vimrc files, how can I fix this issue ?

Thanks allready
    Computers Are Like Air Conditioners... They\'re both useless with Windows open!

its been a while since i used it but i believe commands to delete are for example; d5w to delete 5 words etc
    it doesnt follow normal text editor patterns so i recommend looking through some of the excellent tutorials in the tutorial section of these forums and elsewhere
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

Just Joined!
    SunOS does that. I think if you're using X, you can remap the keys. I'm trying to do that on my laptop since xterm + screen = broken.

if you're not using X, I think there might be a console keymap somewhere. I stopped using SunOS in favor of its derivatives for reasons like that.