Find the answer to your Linux question:
My 2 most recent attempts to install the latest kernel in the apt-repository fail. Well actually the install doesn't fail, the kernel does. Once i boot up using the newer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

latest kernels?

My 2 most recent attempts to install the latest kernel in the apt-repository fail. Well actually the install doesn't fail, the kernel does. Once i boot up using the newer kernels, i can run fine for a little while, but about 2 minutes into using it, everything locks up on me.

I am running an AMD 64 processor.

The last successful attempt i had to updating my kernel was 2.6.8.1-2

Have their been any changes to the kernel modules of the prebuilt kernels yoper gives out?

Also, i'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem?

P.S. the reason for my kernel upgrades is:
    My laptop's touchpad doesn't seem to work all the time, and i can't seem to get the synaptic touchpad driver to compile, so everytime there is a kernel update i check it to see if that helps.
    This touchpad works on 2.4 kernels.

Just Joined!
    I am uploading kernel-2.6.8.1-7.i686.rpm with patches to some lockups. Also do not use reiser4 as there are reported lockups with that. Try in 2-3 hours and the kernel should be on apt.yoper.com

Just Joined!
    sweet looks like the last 2 features that have kept me from being able to use Yoper on my laptop might not be an issue anymore.......woo whoooo

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close