Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Do u think Linux is best & easy for Desktop/Home user?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Can't Say.

0 0%
hi, I have Intel Ethernet, and Cable COnnection for the internet. I know my IP address/subnet/Server IP/Gateway/DNS IP. Under Windows XP: I have to configure the networking only on above ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dude, unique problem:

hi,
    I have Intel Ethernet, and Cable COnnection for the internet. I know my IP address/subnet/Server IP/Gateway/DNS IP.
    Under Windows XP:
    I have to configure the networking only on above informations, and then there is a program provided by the ISP in .exe format ( no other format or support on ISP's webpage), which takes username & password and server Ip address to conect to the port 23400 of server. When successful, it makes internet connection to my machine.
    Now i have installed Yoper & Mandrake & Fedora 2 on my system along with WinXP. I want to configure the internet in my system.
    ->Let me know how can i do that in any of them except Fedora, that i don't want to use.
    =>Yoper asks for the Broadcast when configuring my network. What is broadcast .
    ->Will i have to use PPPoE like something for sending username and password to the server.
    ----------------------------
    I have posted this message on many forums, but 0 response in everyone, or either they say contact ISP.
    I have contacted ISP, they cann't help me out. They say better use Windows. huh... show me the path

Linux Guru
    Please continue this discussion in the earlier thread:
    http://linuxforums.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=118493

Topic locked.

Thanks,

Jason