Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to install ThinStation on my hard disk, unfortunately its turning into a real pain. That said, the LiveCD works perfectly and does what I want it to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Moving a Live-CD to your harddisk

I am trying to install ThinStation on my hard disk, unfortunately its turning into a real pain.

That said, the LiveCD works perfectly and does what I want it to do. Is there a way that I can simply move the Live CD image to my boot harddisk so that it boots up with the same setup etc as the Live-CD

Hello and Welcome!

I don't think ThinStation is really intended to be a primary desktop OS. It's primarily a Thin Client for use in businesses or office environments. But if you're trying to install, I did find this How-To.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!

Smile

Hi.. yes you are right things aren't that simple. I've done the fresh build to a hard disk using the instructions as you've point out but the final image wasn't that simple to get working.

The reason I posted this is that I've had other LiveCDs in the past that have worked well and I've thought wouldn't it be great if I could just transfer this image to my hard disk and voila it would all work just fine.... not sure if I'm making any sense.....