Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Forum Denizens! I'm primarily a Windows user, due to my work/educational situations. I recently acquired an Acer Aspire One laptop running Linpus Linux, and I haven't had the opportunity ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Acer Apire One (Linpus) Comix install problem

Hi Forum Denizens!

I'm primarily a Windows user, due to my work/educational situations. I recently acquired an Acer Aspire One laptop running Linpus Linux, and I haven't had the opportunity to explore it fully, but so far, I am extremely impressed.

I've put the machine into "advanced mode", but I've been unable to install a working version of Comix. The install appears to go well, but when I launch the program, it refuses to read anything that's been rar (.cbr) or zip (.cbz)'d.

I tried to find unrar, but my package manager (I think that's what it's called) doesn't seem to have it available.

I'll thank you all for your time and assistance. I love this machine, and I REALLY love this OS, and I can't wait to learn more about it. Thank You all in advance for your help.

Just Joined!
    You might want to try re-posting this question in the RedHat/Fedora areas. The Linpus-Lite on the Aspire One is based on "fc8" which should be Fedora Core 8. All the packages I have seen in the advanced mode add/remove are marked "fc8".

Unfortunately, I do not know what Comix is, so I nothing more to add.

Just Joined!
    @Cool01, excellent advice! I had heard that this OS was based on Fedora, but I wasn't sure. I will try my luck on that board.
    Thank You for your helpful response.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close