Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I got this soft-sided Linpus version with my Aspire one zg5 with integrated web-cam. A problem comes up when I try to open the "webcam" program. The message "No ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Aspire one webcam in Linpus?

Hi
    I got this soft-sided Linpus version with my Aspire one zg5 with integrated web-cam.
    A problem comes up when I try to open the "webcam" program. The message "No supported video capture device found" popps up.
    What needs to be done to be able to use the camera?
    Thanks

Just Joined!
    The only thing I can think of is updating your software. When you start it up, there is an Icon near the far right, near the bottom called "Settings". Click on that Icon. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. Then click the "Live Update" icon.

It will do everything automatically. It will take some time to finish, and then you should re-start your computer.

I've heard of this happening due to a low-power mode that is activated when your laptop is running on batteries. Does this happen when the laptop is plugged into the wall as well?

(Welcome to the forums, by the way )
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Just Joined!

Aspire One linpus camera

I have same problem as Harvard Line with webcam. I didn't try the camera until after I did the live update so don't Know if it was working out of the box before I updated ??? Any help offered asap !!before I take it back to shop.

Regards everyone

Did you read my previous post?

(PS: Welcome to the forums! )
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII

Just Joined!
    Yes, Smolley I read your post, and thanks for welcome I am new to this so bear with me. It gives the same error message as Harvard LIne machine and I was wondering if it was a faulty camera or internal connection, I believe it is hardwired to a usb port internally. All 3 usb ports check out ok to external pen drives and also the mem card reader works fine I thought might be driver problem but dont know how to check this out not like xp. ? Anyway I went and tried it with the mains power source connected and the camera came on, I thought I'd done this but there you go. Does this mean it will now work on battery one wonders?? watch this space and thanks again

PS. it worked after I removed the power plug on battery and I did 2 videos and stills and saved them. I accessed it with mouse a couple of times and then it stopped again, and wouldn't by recognised even with the mains pack connected so it must be on the edge of the volts for being detected as present by the Aspire.

Yes, the Guinness I had in county Kildare when visiting relatives set the Standard.
    Regards and best wishes from the UK

I have heard that some of those mini-laptops shut down the camera to save power when they're not plugged in, and I've seen instructions online to change this behaviour so that the camera can operate on battery as well.

Perhaps you can find these instructions with a quick google search?