Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've installed Xandros Linux Desktop OS 3.02 on one of my PCs. As the only user, I'd like it to boot fully without having to wait for the login screen ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Login Help

I've installed Xandros Linux Desktop OS 3.02 on one of my PCs. As the only user, I'd like it to boot fully without having to wait for the login screen and type in my password. If there is no real security concern, is there a way to eliminate the need for a single user to sign in? Thanks.
    Art

I think Xandros uses KDE?

If so, there should be an option somewhere in the "log in" configuration panel to allow automatic passwordless logins. I'm not at a KDE machine right now, otherwise I could tell you exactly where it is, but it's easy enough to find if you browse around the control panel.

Welcome to the forums by the way!
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Just Joined!
    Thanks for starting me down the right path. In Xandros, it goes like this: Control Center/System Administration/Login Manager/Administrator/Convenience. Click on "Auto login" and "Apply" and you're there. Without your cue, I'd still be looking. Thanks again.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close