Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hallo,on a acer tm 513 (celeron,64ram) I have installed puppy FULL but grub freeze my keyboard (it make the same with other distro) Therefore I installed delilinux /dev/hda1 which is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Puppy linux & lilo

Hallo,on a acer tm 513 (celeron,64ram) I have installed puppy FULL but grub freeze my keyboard (it make the same with other distro)
    Therefore I installed delilinux /dev/hda1 which is using lilo and installed puppy on a different partition /dev/hda3 mounted on /mnt

I have copied initrd.gz in the /boot folder of hda3 where there is also vmlinuz and folder /grub ( installed on /root)

Edited lilo.conf to add Puppy as follows:

image = /mnt/boot/vmlinuz
    root = /dev/hda3
    label = Puppy
    read-only

Whel lilo starts and select Puppy I get the following message:
    Kernel-panic-not syncing :VFS Unable to mount root fs on unhnown-block (3,3)

I think I did not copy kernel in /boot but I did not find it in the cdrom-live
    How can I copy it?

Thank for help

I don't know if this might be what you are looking for. I don't run Puppy. Anyways When I need to find current kernel version I open a Terminal and type and enter

uname -r

You should be able to copy and paste the readout to edit /boot, Like I said, I don't know for sure if that is what you need.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home