Find the answer to your Linux question:
Computer is a IBM M41, 1.8 ghz, 1 gig ram, 200 gig hardrive. As my post says I am running Sabayon 4 , 2.6.21 kernel. I have always had a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Running Sabayon Live right now

Computer is a IBM M41, 1.8 ghz, 1 gig ram, 200 gig hardrive. As my post says I am running Sabayon 4 , 2.6.21 kernel. I have always had a unused 58 gig partition on my 200 gig HD because of bios limitations. The 127 gig limit. While running in live cd mode, I started the partition editor to take a look see inside. My 58 gig partition showed up in the table as unallocated space. I am thinking of installing Sabayon to this unallocated space to put it to good use. Am I right in thinking it will install there as I have not been able to view it before. Gparted is the partition editor. I run Ubuntu Hardy with Gnome and NimbleX , here is my screenshot to show what I am talking about. And if somebody can tell me what KDE calls gimp I would appreciate that also as I am used to Gnome. If it is possible to install it to that partition I am going to go for it.

snapshot1.jpg
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Well I will try out a different route tommorrow. I downloaded and burned the CD version of Sabayon today. I will download and burn the DVD version tommorrow and if I do the install I will use it instead as it comes with Gnome. Something that I am used to using. Happy trails.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home