Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can get to the second stage boot but it stops and freezes after " ACPI Bios found,activating modules: ac battery fan processor thermal" I am new and first time ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Troulble Using DSL Live

I can get to the second stage boot but it stops and freezes after

" ACPI Bios found,activating modules: ac battery fan processor thermal"

I am new and first time to try to run DSL
    I am using a Toshiba Satellite laptop that has ME as OS

Hello and Welcome!

You may want to try another boot option. When you get the splash screen, hit either F1 or F2 to get these options. I think the one you might want to try is acpi=off. Been a while since I ran DSL, so double check that this option is present.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Thanks.....I finally figured it out yesterday.

New problem....I need to load drivers for my wireless card but do not know how to make a file. Right now they are on a thumb drive connected to the computer I am using. I have been reading all day on tutorials but it is hard trying to read and then switch back to live cd to try what I read.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    OK figured out how to get to the files on the thumb drive and put them in /home/dsl file.....what now? Remember I am new at this so I need all the help I can get

thanks

While wireless isn't my strong point, here is a how-to for wireless connections.
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    I get the driver to install but it says it is invalid driver. From reading forums it seems my belkin F5D7010 and the broadcom driver bcmwl5.inf cause a conflict. I need to know how to force the driver.Use the installed driver for devid? Use the -a or-d command to do this? How do I input the code.....I tried ndiswrapper -d bcmwl5.inf and it just comes back with the list of commands.Do I need to use the pciid xxxxxxx in the command line somehow?

Well... Like I said, I'm not much on wireless. But I do have a suggestion. Since the original issue for this thread was an installation issue, and that's been pretty much covered, why not start a new thread in the 'Wireless' portion of the Forum? There are a couple of experienced members here who just jump on wireless problems!
    Jay

New Member FAQ