Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone I'm new here & new in OS slax so be gentle with me I have slax-6.0.7 iso(live cd iso) and want to add firefox and flash player 9 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to add firefox and flash player 9 to slax iso?

Hi everyone I'm new here & new in OS slax so be gentle with me

I have slax-6.0.7 iso(live cd iso) and want to add firefox and flash player 9 to it so i don't have to install/add them each time i use the live cd . I be happy if you guys tell me what files i need and where should i put them and how to create and burn the iso?Looking forward for replies.(It would be nice if you guys tell me the step by step instructions.)Thanks

Note: I wonder if process of creating new slax iso should be done while i be under slax using slax live cd or it can be doen under windows ?xp ?

oz
    forum.guy
    You could look at using something like ISO Master or one of the other re-mastering tools available for customizing your ISO file(s).

I've never used one so can't offer up any specifics but each tool probably has their own instruction set for using the end product.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    You could look at using something like ISO Master or one of the other re-mastering tools available for customizing your ISO file(s).

I've never used one so can't offer up any specifics but each tool probably has their own instruction set for using the end product.
    Thanks for your reply. making the iso is one issue and adding fire fox and flash 9 is another issuie !! I don't know how to do non of them

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    First mount the ISO file and find the squashed filesystem (or) gziped filesystem im not sure with slax so find it ur self.
    Copy that filesystem to your hard disk
    Unmount the ISO file
    Mount the copied filesystem
    Chroot to ithe mounted filesystem
    Install what ever package you want....
    After finishing your work you have to resquash it
    Then make it to a new ISO file

Instead of carry out this original process, you can get some help frm re-mastering tools as ozar told.

The way which i told is not simple!

I cant explain more than this.. just do google based on each step you can gain more knowledge.

Just Joined!
    sky thanks for your reply. But i am realy confused here !!! should i do all this all within linux or from windows? If it is from within linux i don't know the basic linux commands to do that for me .. Is t here any book i can buy to teach me all these ?

Just Joined!
    Everything I told has to do from Linux.

When you come to Linux world you are entering in to the Open Source world. When you are in open source world you can get everything free(mostly) in open source term. So use man pages and infos, and GOOGLE and some forums like this one can help you a lot than buying a book and spending money for that.

HAPPY HACKING!!!