Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Mother board issue. That sounds right. I did realize that I forgot to activate a partition. That might help. I'm trying that now....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mother board issue. That sounds right. I did realize that I forgot to activate a partition. That might help. I'm trying that now.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by 73RMIN8R
    I am using reiser4.

reiser4 is still unable if you are using the grub bootloader. it sets up the bootloader wether you are running one or more OS's...if you use reiser4 you have to use the lilo bootloarer.

Just Joined!
    To clarify my previous entry, I am using reiser4 and lilo.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by 73RMIN8R
    To clarify my previous entry, I am using reiser4 and lilo.
    have you tried installing it with ext3? that's what I use and haven't had any problems. (it might not be the file system, just a suggestion though)

Just Joined!
    If it dosn't work a few more times, I'll be sure to try that. My friend lakerdonald told me to do it this way though.

reisers4 is still new, so its possible that it is causing part of your problems, but cant be certain.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

max:
    remember when i was consulting you on the install? i think i remember hearing you say something about yoper going insane on you during partitioning? ummm, there are some compatibility issues with various hard ware, so what do you actually have on the system (graphics card, mobo, sound card, hard drives [IDE, RAID, etc?], etc...)
    -andy

Just Joined!
    At this point I have no idea. Every time I change something, It break another. I'll just keep messing with it. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Just Joined!
    I think I just need to make sure that the active partition is the root, and that is what it boots from. After I changed the first thing the crazy screen was replaced by a frozen screen. With my hardware, It's probably just a matter of finding the right combo of formats and partitions.

73rmin8r:status update? what's happened with the whole yoper install dealie on your computer? any luck?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast