Find the answer to your Linux question:
Right i'm using the asus eee pc and i need to know what version of linux i am using. I also want to know if there is a gba emulator ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Asus Eee PC help

Right i'm using the asus eee pc and i need to know what version of linux i am using.

I also want to know if there is a gba emulator that i can use on linux, and how to install it. Please as i am really new to llinux as i got it on christmas. ^^

Asus Eee uses a Linpus Linux Lite, however the books I've seen are modified by Asus. I haven't worked with them so I don't know whether or not you can access the command line, however I think that a google search will help you on determining whether or not there is a GBA emulator.

For the Eee pc Linpus is a nice system, however I'm used to Ubuntu, so you'll have to look whether you want to keep this system or you want to have another OS such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse or the normal Linpus Lite. With Linux everything is possible, even writing modifying the kernel.

Google and you will find!

Linpus lite is used by ACER computers, not ASUS.
    The EEE pc comes with Xandros Linux, at least they were. Rumours say that Asus and Xandros reviewing there relation.
    Charles
    ASUS EEE Box B202, Atom 270 1,6GHz, 1 GB, HDD 80GB, XP-SP3 / PinguyOS
    Asus EEE PC 901 with Bodhi-Linux

Okay, I screwed up, but that's because a store in Breda sels an Eee PC and claims it runs on Linpus. Sorry folks!