Find the answer to your Linux question:
There are so many that it is confusing for somebody like me who is trying to get away from Microsoft Windows. :-/ I really like changing things to the way ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

What Linux is the best for me?

There are so many that it is confusing for somebody like me who is trying to get away from Microsoft Windows. :-/

I really like changing things to the way I like them so it would have to support easy package installation and Uninstallation.

It has to be fast and small and I would prefer a Live CD and it has to be small like a bare minimum Linux where I can add things as I please and it has to support all my hardware.

Any idea what kind of linux this would be?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section but I didn't know where to post this...

Please I need help with this.

Also does anybody know where I can find "MySlax Creator"?

oz
    forum.guy
    Code:
    What Linux is the best for me?
    Unfortunately, only you can make that decision. You'll need to try a few different distros to see which ones fit your personal tastes and computer hardware the best. Generally speaking, any of the top 10 or so distros at DistroWatch.com should work for most folks.

Check the link in my signature for lots of good information on getting started with Linux. You'll also find a couple of quizzes there that might help you with your decision.

Hope you have lots of fun with it!
    oz

Linux User
    Try the live cd version of a couple of the popular versions and see which one you prefer.
    They all run pretty much the same thing, but some versions are easier for sys admin tasks than others.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Arch might interest you. I can't recall any livecd for it though. Basically alls you get is a minimal install, it's easy and up to you to install more stuff.

You can try doing an Ubuntu alternate install and then install only the things that you want. Like a graphical environment if you want it. You need to know the command line a little though because it doesn't come with a graphical environment. The normal Ubuntu system does.

Debian Web install could be something too. You also need to install a graphical environment here, but you can do it with a package manager. I don't know for certain whether or not Debian has a live CD, Ubuntu does.