Find the answer to your Linux question:
I dont know what to do! Ive tried every source and no one can give me an answer. Ive correctly installed World of Warcraft with the latest version of Wine. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Burning Crusade with Wine

I dont know what to do! Ive tried every source and no one can give me an answer. Ive correctly installed World of Warcraft with the latest version of Wine. But when i try to install my Burning Crusade expansion DVD i cant find an Installer.exe file in the directory I cant figure out how to install it could someone give me a tutorial on how to install it? or possibly a tutorial on how to install the InstallWoW.exe file from blizzard for downloading and installing the game from their website. The Distributor im using is Mepis version 7.

I've installed wow from their website, its fairly straightforward. What you need to do is download the executable and save it somewhere in the .wine folder under drive_c, then using the terminal go to the directory you downloaded to using cd command and use wine command to run exe, you will probably need to download a newer version of wine, since there are problems with older versions of wine when installing this game

Just Joined!
    Thanks its working but it isnt making any progress and says its going to take 722min and its still going up. I have comcast internet so it should not be taking anywhere near this long I get a wine error message but all that it says is lr.....................any ideas?

no idea on the error, but I have comcast internet, it took a while for me to install, keep in mind you are downloading 6-8 gb of data, last time I did an internet install, about a month or two ago, it took 4-6 hours, it depends on your location and the blizzard download location

Just Joined!
    Okay i decided to use get the trial of crossover to install it but i have a very strange problem. when the game tries to the install and i get to the user license agreement it will not allow me to accept after i scroll down. Does anyone know what to do about this?

this is a bug in wine that is fixed in newer versions, and it surprises me to exist in crossover since I believe it is just the commercial version of wine, but I could be wrong