I have recently switched to Freespire because it is the only Linux distro I have installed that has allowed me to use my NVidia card properly. Even if things are a bit slow probably because it uses KDE on my rather old laptop. The laptop is an Acer Travelmate 630 with only 16Mb video ram.
So I need some help here on a few things (the Freespire site runs so slowly as well when trying to get onto forums or the support page that I have come to you guys.
I have been trying to install software to detect my digital camera, Digikam. The KArchiver picks up the downloaded traball and opens its' window. I start the wizard, follow instructions and hey presto a couple of minutes later the install is complete. Problem is I can;t find the program...
I am looking for something that will play dvds on Freespire but have so far not had any luck with either kplayer nor Kaffeine. Any advice...
Finally if I want to go back to Ubuntu 6.06 (only distro that seemed to work without crashing and gave me proper video card res...) will Ubuntu show Freespire in Grub as an option?
Thanks... please be simple in replies as I am a struggling newbee...