Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi My Friend has an Aspire One from Acer running Linpus and while trying to install some codecs to play avi files the desktop seems to have been deleted it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linpus desktop deletion

Hi My Friend has an Aspire One from Acer running Linpus and while trying to install some codecs to play avi files the desktop seems to have been deleted it is now just a black screen and when you click on the Home icon in the bottom left corner it gives this error
    "Could not run command: "xfdesktop2" (No such file or directory)

Does anyone have any ideas on how this is fixable??

Cheers in advance

Dincolly

Just Joined!
    you will have to do a factory restore
    with a usb stick and the restore cd in another computer boot up and the other computer will boot as an acer aspire one and you just follow the on screen instructions to make a restore usb stick then insert the usb stick into the acer and turn it on press [F12] and select boot from usb ( whatever the name of the memory stick is) and you will get restore or backup select restore and after about 20 mins you will have a factory acer and be ready to start again after that is all done i sugest you get AA1BACKUP wich will be able to do a full backup of the acer as it is when you have done any modifications

aspiron